You can easily see information about multiple machines in one screen using the card view. You can add one card to every machine, and the cards from all machines will be visible when you use card view in the Portal app. You can create as many different cards as you need to customise the card that is shown for a certain machine. This will optimise the available information for every machine and will make the most important machines available at a glance.
No access category
Custom device cards cannot be assigned to an access category and will therefore be visible for everyone who has access to a device. This includes Cloud Logging information if Cloud Logging components have been added to a card.
Create a new card
Please follow the steps described below to create a new card. If you already have a similar card and you only want to make a few adjustments, u can also choose to duplicate an existing card.
- Go to the StrideLinx Cloud Studio, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Cards, then press[add new card] in the bottom right corner.
- Fill in in the desired name for the card, then press [add].
- Click on the name of the card, add components and customise the card appearance. All actions will be saved in a draft version of the card automatically.
- You can also Preview how the card will look in the portal app.
- When you are happy with your configuration, Publish the card with one click on the button.
- Confirm by clicking on [Publish card].
Unhappy with your draft?
You can choose to remove your draft by pressing [revert to published version] in the more options menuon the right of the publish button.
Add a card to a device
To make a card visible for your users, you have to add the card to the devices you want to use the card for. Please follow the steps described below to add a card to a device.
- Go to the StrideLinx Cloud Fleet Manager which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to devices , select the device you would like to link a card to.
- Go to View , then click on the card that is currently selected.
- Select the desired card title and click on it. The selected card is visible in the Portal app now.
Select card view
To see the card view you need to select it in the view options menu , which you can find on the right side of the search bar in the Portal app.
Edit a card
Change card appearance
You can always add or remove components and make other changes to the appearance of a card.
After you published your own card, you can always make changes to the settings of the card and. remove the card if you no longer have any uses for it. Please follow the steps described below to make changes to a card.
- Go to the StrideLinx Cloud Studio which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Cards , then press [more ] on the right side of the overview card. You now have five options:
- You can choose to remove your draft by pressing [revert to published version].
- You can [Duplicate] the card to use it for different machines with small differences in configuration.
- Choose [Rename] to change the card name. Fill in the new name and press [confirm].
- Choose [Set as default] to make this card the default card that will be added to a new device.
- Choose [Remove] to delete a card. Confirm by clicking on [Remove card].