Wi-Fi models of the StrideLinx router can simultaneously serve as a Wi-Fi client, where it connects to the internet via Wi-Fi, and as a Wi-Fi hotspot, which can be used to:
- Wirelessly access your machine while you are on-site.
- Wirelessly access the internet. (More information: Allow machine access to internet.)
- Wirelessly connect machine components.
The Wi-Fi hotspot can remotely be enabled/disabled from the StrideLinx Cloud. The next steps show you how.
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices , and select the concerning device.
- Expand the Network options and go to [LAN].
- Tick the box [Enable wifi hotspot] in the "Wi-Fi hotspot"-section.
- Enter the network name (SSID), set a password, select your preferred channel, and press [Confirm changes].
You have now made the changes in the StrideLinx Cloud, but these are not yet active in your device. You will need to push your changes to your device for them to take effect.
- Click [Push config to device] in the top right corner.
Wi-Fi hotspot active