When your machine runs an HTTP server, you can access it without you first needing to establish a VPN connection to your device.
Add an HTTP service
The next steps show you how to set up an HTTP service.
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices in the left menu and select theconcerning device.
- Click on the Add a serviceicon in the left menu and select [HTTP server].
- Enter the requested information (details below) and click on [Add].
|Name||Name your HTTP service for easy distinction from other services.|
|Protocol||The protocol supported by the machine's server: HTTP or HTTPS.
Communication between your computer and the device will always be secure, regardless of the protocol choice.
|IP address||The IP address of your machine. Leave empty if you want to access the HTTP server of the device.|
|Port||The port number where the HTTP server can be reached. By default it's 80 (for HTTP) or 443 (for HTTPS).|
|Default landing page||If your machine has a specific page that you want to open by default, you can enter the page name here. You can find the page name in the address bar after opening it. Leave "/" if you are unsure.|
|Access Category||The access category determines who can use this HTTP service. More information about access categories and how you can create one can be found here.|
You have now made the changes in the StrideLinx Cloud, but these are not yet active in your device. You will need to push your changes to your device for them to take effect.
- Open [Config control] in the top right corner, verify the changes you've made (example below), and click on [Push changes].
|lan.forwarded_port=vpn,2000,192.168.140.94,80||A port forwarding for the VPN connection is added for the HTTP service to work.|
All set up
Now you're all set up to easily access your machine's HTTP server.
Use an HTTP service
You can use the HTTP service once the device is back online.
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Portal app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Go to Devices in the left menu, select the concerning device, and click on the name of your HTTP service in the remote access section.