If you still are using the old StrideLinx Cloud platform, you can migrate your company to the new StrideLinx Cloud. This article explains how you can easily migrate, and enjoy all benefits of the new StrideLinx Cloud. The easiest way to migrate your company is by using the StrideLinx Migration Wizard.
Please use the links below for easy navigation:
How to use the migration wizard?
The new StrideLinx Cloud has a new and improved user management system. For a smooth migration, we recommend reading our article: User management explained.
For the easiest possible migration, you can use the StrideLinx migration wizard. We advise you to start small and migrate one device and a couple of users first, to understand the process. Please follow the steps described below to migrate to the new StrideLinx Cloud using the StrideLinx Migration wizard:
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Migration Wizard, and read the introduction text, click on [next].
- If you are migrating multiple customers over to a single StrideLinx company, it is recommended you establish your groups, roles and access categories before or during the migration so that customers remain isolated from each other within your company.
- Select the source company you want migrate and select the target company you want to migrate to. If you haven't made a company in the new StrideLinx Cloud you can select [Create a new company].
- Click on [next].
- Select the devices you want to migrate. Add them to a group if you want to use groups. You can create new groups if you haven't already.
- Click on [Migrate to target company] to migrate the selected devices, then click on [next].
- Select the users you want to migrate. Assign the user to a role and if you want to use groups, assign them to a group as well. Select [delete from source company] if you don't want to keep the user in the source company.
- Click on [Migrate to target company] to migrate the selected users, then click on [next].
- Clean up the devices and users left in the company and [Delete source company] if you don't want to keep using the old platform.
You have now successfully migrated you company to the new StrideLinx Cloud. You can now enjoy the benefits of the new StrideLinx Cloud.
- What will be migrated?
When migrating a device, all settings like a VNC, HTTP or WebSocket Service and a data source for Cloud Logging and Cloud Notify will be transferred. All licenses, variables, tags and alarms will be migrated as well. Data reports will not be migrated. Therefore, you have to create new pages with data-logging components in the Studio App and assign these pages to your devices in the Fleet Manager.
If you choose not to migrate all your users and devices at once, you can always come back to the Migration Wizard to finish your migration.
- What should I consider if I use Live Monitoring, Cloud Logging or Cloud Notify?
Cloud Logging licenses and data will be transferred automatically when you transfer a device. No further action from your end is needed.
Data reports will not be migrated. Therefore, you have to create new pages with data-logging components in the Studio App and assign these pages to your devices in the Fleet Manager.
Cloud Notify licenses and alarms will be transferred automatically when you transfer a device. No further action from your end is needed.
- What are the most important differences between the old and new platform?
Firstly, the most striking visual change is the new design, in which the platform has been divided into four apps. Each app can be used for a different purpose.
Check out our videos on the new features for more insight in how to use the different apps.
Secondly, the new user management system allows for more customization by assigning every user to a role with the possibility to divide your devices and users into groups.
- Finally, you have more freedom to decide yourself what your IoT portal will look like with the new design options of the Studio. You can even see data from multiple machines in one dashboard with card view.
- Do I need to make any changes to my routers?
- No, they are fully compatible with the new platform. No extra steps need to be taken. If you want to add new routers, you can simply add them as new devices from the Fleet Manager in your new StrideLinx account.
- What will happen with my premium branding URL?
- When you use our premium branding solution, users will be able to keep using your current URL. After the setup of your new StrideLinx account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will link your URL to your new StrideLinx Cloud portal.
- How will users in my company experience the migration?
- Users will receive a new invitation email when migrated. After accepting that invite they need to log in at stridelinx.com.
- What will happen with the StrideLinx mobile app?
- We have released a brand new mobile app to use with the new platform for iOS and Android devices, please download the new app when you migrate to the new cloud and don't forget to inform your customers as well. The new app only consists of the portal part of the new platform. The Fleet manager, Admin and Studio apps are only accessible via your browser.
- How long will the old platform remain available?
- The old platform will remain available for the foreseeable future, but there are no plans to develop it any further. We do not yet have any plans to discontinue this platform. We will re-evaluate the status of the old platform at the end of 2022 and will give all users a one-year-warning if/when we decide to discontinue the platform.