If you still are using the old StrideLinx Cloud platform, you can migrate your company to the new StrideLinx Cloud. This article explains how you can easily migrate, and enjoy all benefits of the new StrideLinx Cloud. The easiest way to migrate your company is by using the StrideLinx Migration Wizard.
Please use the links below for easy navigation:
How to use the migration wizard?
The new StrideLinx Cloud has a new and improved user management system. For a smooth migration, we recommend reading our article: User management explained.
For the easiest possible migration, you can use the StrideLinx migration wizard. We advise you to start small and migrate one device and a couple of users first, to understand the process. Please follow the steps described below to migrate to the new StrideLinx Cloud using the StrideLinx Migration wizard:
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Migration Wizard, and read the introduction text, click on [next].
- Select the source company you want migrate and select the target company you want to migrate to. If you haven't made a company in the new StrideLinx Cloud you can select [Create a new company].
- Click on [next].
- Select the devices you want to migrate. Add them to a group if you want to use groups. You can create new groups if you haven't already.
- Click on [Migrate to target company] to migrate the selected devices, then click on [next].
- Select the users you want to migrate. Assign the user to a role and if you want to use groups, assign them to a group as well. Select [delete from source company] if you don't want to keep the user in the source company.
- Click on [Migrate to target company] to migrate the selected users, then click on [next].
- Clean up the devices and users left in the company and [Delete source company] if you don't want to keep using the old platform.
You have now successfully migrated you company to the new StrideLinx Cloud. You can now enjoy the benefits of the new StrideLinx Cloud.
What will be migrated?
When migrating a device, all settings like a VNC, HTTP or WebSocket Service and a data source for Cloud Logging and Cloud Notify will be transferred. You have to create new pages with data-logging components if you were using dashboards in the old platform.