When your machine runs a WebSocket server, you can access it without you first needing to establish a VPN connection to your device.
The StrideLinx server will act as a proxy for the WebSocket connection between your computer, that is running a WebSocket client, and the machine that is running the WebSocket server.
Add a WebSocket service
The next steps show you how to set up a WebSocket service.
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Fleet Manager app, which is accessible from the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices in the left menu and select the concerning device.
- Click on the Add a serviceicon in the left menu and select [WebSocket server].
- Enter the requested information (details below) and click on [Add].
|Name||Name your WebSocket service for easy distinction from other services.|
|Protocol||The protocol supported by the machine's server: WebSocket (WS) or WebSocket Secure (WSS).
Communication between your computer and the device will always be secure, regardless of the protocol choice.
|IP address||The IP address of your machine. Leave empty when your machine ís the device.|
|Port||The port number where the WebSocket server can be reached. By default it's 80 (for WS) or 443 (for WSS).|
|Access category||The access category determines who can use this WebSocket service. More information about access categories and how you can create one can be found here.|
You have now made the changes in the StrideLinx Cloud, but these are not yet active in your device. You will need to push your changes to your device for them to take effect.
- Open [Config control] in the top right corner, verify the changes you've made (example below), and click on [Push changes].
|lan.forwarded_port=vpn,2000,192.168.140.94,80||A port forwarding for the VPN connection is added for the WebSocket service to work.|
All set upNow you're all set up to access your machine's WebSocket server.
Use a WebSocket service
You can use the WebSocket service once the device is back online.
You can connect to your WebSocket server using an app that includes a WebSocket client. This app also needs to support the option for you to login to your StrideLinx account and select a company, agent (device), and agent's service (WebSocket). The StrideLinx server will act as a proxy for the WebSocket connection.