Historical data (previously called Cloud Logging) enables you to log data from your machine and view it in the StrideLinx Cloud. The data can be visualized in various components, like a graph, that can be viewed in the Portal. It can also be exported as CSV, periodically e-mailed to you in the form of a PDF report, or requested from our API to fully integrate it into your own solution or dashboards.
If there is no internet connection available for the StrideLinx router, your data is not lost. The StrideLinx router will then continue logging data and can store it locally for months at a time, depending on how much data you log. This data is locally not accessible. Once the internet connection has been restored, the logged data will be sent to the cloud. Requires StrideLinx router firmware 3.12 or higher. Not supported on the StrideLinx Agent.
Activate Historical data
Are you using one of the Are you using one of the new pricing plans and do you have the module listed at the top of this article? You then already have Historical data active on all your StrideLinx routers and can skip this step.
Are you still using individual StrideLinx router licenses? Please follow the steps below.
- Go to Fleet Manager > Devices and click on your device name.
- In the left menu, go to Licenses.
- Click on Activate, select Redeem an activation code, and enter your activation code. If you do not yet have an activation code, contact your StrideLinx account manager or StrideLinx distributor.
Read machine data
The machine will need to be added as a data source in the StrideLinx Cloud and its variables will also need to be added.
Several communication protocols are supported. This is the protocol that the StrideLinx router will use to locally communicate with your machine. If you're unsure whether your machine also supports one of these protocols, please check with the manufacturer.
- Add a new data source with variables, or use an existing one. Follow the instructions in one of the articles below to create a new one and come back here once you have.
Log machine data
Now that the data source and variables have been set up, you can configure when you effectively want to log data. You can log data on interval (every 100ms - 1h), when the value in the machine changes, or on custom triggers. This is configured in tags.
- Add a tag for every variable that you want to log. Follow the instructions in the article below and come back here once you have.
Use machine data
Historical data can be visualized in various components on Device pages and Cards in the Portal. It can also be exported as CSV, periodically e-mailed to you in the form of a PDF report, or requested from our API to fully integrate it into your own solution or dashboards.