Alarming (previously called Cloud Notify) enables you to receive notifications about machine events: when the temperature exceeds 60°C, the operating hours exceed 1000 hours, the machine is in emergency stop, or any other situation you would like to be notified about.
When the trigger condition is met, you will receive an alarm once. In the example above you receive an alarm when the temperature exceeds 60°C, which happens twice.
You get notified by a message in your StrideLinx Cloud, an e-mail in your e-mail inbox, and a notification on your mobile phone. More options (SMS, call, escalation, etc) are available through integration with third party services.
If you're instead interesting in receiving notifications when the StrideLinx router loses connection, have a look at Receive a notification when your device loses connection.
Are you using one of the new pricing plans and do you have the module listed at the top of this article? You then already have Alarming active on your StrideLinx router and can skip this step.
Are you still using individual StrideLinx router licenses? Please follow the steps below.
- Go to Fleet Manager > Devices and click on your device name.
- In the left menu, go to Licenses.
- Click on Activate, select Redeem an activation code, and enter your activation code. If you do not yet have an activation code, contact your StrideLinx account manager or StrideLinx distributor.
Read machine data
The machine will need to be added as a data source in the StrideLinx Cloud and its variables will also need to be added.
Several communication protocols are supported. This is the protocol that the StrideLinx router will use to locally communicate with your machine. If you're unsure whether your machine also supports one of these protocols, listed below, please check with the manufacturer.
- Add a new data source with variables, or use an existing one. Follow the instructions in one of the articles below to create a new one and come back here once you have.
Use machine data
Now that the data source and variables have been set up, you can configure when you effectively want to be notified.
- Add an alarm for every situation that you want to be notified about. Follow the instructions in the article below and come back here once you have.
Receive machine data alarms
Now that the alarm triggers have been set up, you will be notified when an alarm occurs. By default you will be notified by a message in your StrideLinx Cloud, an e-mail in your e-mail inbox, and a push notification on your mobile phone. The latter requires the StrideLinx Portal mobile app to be installed and for you to have logged in at least once.
More options (SMS, call, escalation, etc) are available through third party services using webhooks.
- Customize how you are notified. Follow the instructions in the articles that are relevant to you.