A VPN connection allows you to access your machine as if you are on-site. You can connect to your device from a computer, smartphone, and tablet. Once you have a VPN connection, you can access your machine using your development and other software.
Connect to your device from a computer
VPN client requiredView our "VPN client installation"-guide for details.
- Proxy server
If your computer's internet connection passes through a proxy server, you'll have to configure your VPN client accordingly: VPN client settings. If you are unsure, please contact the local IT department.
- Censored network
If your computer is located in a country that doesn't allow VPN connections (e.g. China), you'll have to configure your VPN client accordingly: VPN client settings.
The next steps show you how to establish a VPN connection:
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Portal, which is also accessible via the Apps menu in the top right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Open the main menu , go to Devices in the left menu, select the concerning device, and press [Connect] in the VPN section.
The VPN client will now start to connect to your device as shown by the VPN client's connection status in the bottom right corner. Upon completion its status will change to "Connected", indicating that you are now connected to your device.
Unable to connect?If you see an error at the bottom of your screen, please consult the following article: Troubleshooting - unable to establish a VPN connection.
ConnectedYou are now able to access your machine as if you are on-site. View our "Connect to your machine"-article for more information.
Connect to your device from a smartphone or tablet
Stealth modeMobile VPN does not support stealth mode.
If you meet these requirements it's quite simple:
- Start the StrideLinx Cloud mobile app and login.
- Open the StrideLinx Cloud Portal, which is opened by default but also accessible via the More menu in the bottom right corner if you are currently in a different StrideLinx Cloud app.
- Go to Devices in the bottom menu, select the concerning device, and press [Connect] in the VPN section.
Next stepYou now have a VPN connection and can switch to another app on your smartphone to connect to the machine. The VPN connection stays active in the background.