With Cloud Notify you receive real-time notifications from your machine(s) in a robust and safe way. By connecting an external application via a webhook, you can expand your options even further. Using the webhook SIGNL4, you can further customize alarm messages and determine specific roles for the alarm messages of Cloud Notify.
SIGNL4 is a lightweight mobile alerting app and can notify team members reliably through persistent mobile push, text and voice calls with acknowledgement, tracking and escalation.
In summary, the following integration capabilities are possible:
- Integration with SIGNL4 via webhook or email (SMTP)
- Service engineers alerted via mobile push, text and voice
- Staff can acknowledge and take ownership for critical events that occur
- Alerts are escalated in case of no response
- Communicate within an alert to address a particular problem
- Tracking and visibility of problem solutions
- Integrated on-call duty planning
- Alert on critical IoT device states
The use of webhooks in the StrideLinx Cloud is free. However, keep in mind that applications such as SIGNL4 may charge a fee when using their services.
This article explains how you connect the StrideLinx Cloud to SIGNL4 via a webhook.
How it works
Based on the alerts in the StrideLinx Cloud, SIGNL4 notifies the right recipients, by sending enriched event data, including customized long content. The StrideLinx Cloud uses webhooks to send HTTP POST message events to an endpoint in SIGNL4. When SIGNL4 receives such a message event, it will trigger an incident to notify users on-call, based on your configuration.
The integration is configured in both the StrideLinx Cloud and the SIGNL4 website. First you'll have to get a webhook URL from SIGNL4.
- Go to the SIGNL4 website and start a free trial, or use an existing account.
- Follow the sign-up process.
After signup you will receive an e-mail including your webhook URL, which you'll need later on. The webhook URL may look as follows:
- Open your e-mail and and copy your webhook URL.
Once you have the webhook URL, you can proceed with configuring the StrideLinx Cloud. Please follow the steps described below to add a webhook URL in the StrideLinx Cloud:
- Go to the StrideLinx Cloud. if you are not already there.
- Go to Messages; , press on the settings menu .
- Select [Configure webhooks], then select [Add a new webhook]
- Enter the name and URL of the Webhook you want to add, then press [Confirm].
The message is then immediately sent to SIGNL4 and processed and sent in the manner you configured in your SIGNL4 settings.
SIGNL4 and the StrideLinx Cloud are now integrated
New alarm messages in the StrideLinx Cloud will now be sent to and handled by SIGNL4.
Please refer to SIGNL4's documentation on how to best utilise their wide range of features.