The StrideLinx router's internal log may contain useful information for troubleshooting purposes. Due to the raw nature of the log file, the log is mainly intended for Support and advanced users.
Please follow these instructions to create the log file:
- Insert an empty USB flash drive into the StrideLinx router.
- If the USB flash drive contains a configuration file (router.conf), it will be applied when the USB flash drive is inserted into the StrideLinx router or when the StrideLinx router is (re)started. This may result in an invalid configuration being applied. Make sure the USB flash drive is empty.
- Working with Support on an issue? Only restart the StrideLinx router if instructed to do so.
- Restarting the StrideLinx router when not instructed to do so, could result in the loss of valuable troubleshooting information.
- Wait at least a moment before removing the USB flash drive.
- If you have just restarted the StrideLinx router, wait at least 5 minutes.
- If you have not just restarted the StrideLinx router, wait at least 1 minute.
- The log files are located in the logs folder on the USB flash drive.
- No log file written? Check if it's formatted as FAT/FAT32 or try another USB flash drive.
Not all events that occurred before the USB flash drive was inserted are included in the log file. For example, if an StrideLinx router has been powered on for 2 days, the log file will not include the events from the startup process. Only the most recent events are stored in the internal log and it is cleared on startup. This internal log is saved to the USB flash drive when its inserted. New events are automatically added to the log file on the USB flash drive, up until the moment that the USB flash drive is removed.