The devices connected to the StrideLinx router LAN Wi-Fi hotspot regularly experience latency spikes, timeouts, or lose their Wi-Fi connection.
- The StrideLinx router is attempting to connect to a Wi-Fi network that is not available.
- The StrideLinx router is attempting to connect to a Wi-Fi network whose password is different from what is configured in the StrideLinx router settings.
- The StrideLinx router is reconnecting to a Wi-Fi network with poor signal.
The StrideLinx router uses a single Wi-Fi radio for both WAN and LAN. As a result, each WAN Wi-Fi connection attempt results in the LAN Wi-Fi hotspot briefly experiencing latency spikes, timeouts, or loss of connection.
To resolve the issue:
- Upgrade the StrideLinx router firmware to 3.23.1 or higher (instructions and tips).
- Change the configuration:
- Remove the WAN Wi-Fi configuration if it is not needed. You can leave the configuration unchanged if the configured Wi-Fi network is simply not available.
- Correct the WAN Wi-Fi configuration. If a Wi-Fi password is required, make sure that the correct password is configured in the StrideLinx router.
- Improve the Wi-Fi signal reception. If the StrideLinx router regularly loses its WAN Wi-Fi connection, make sure the Wi-Fi antenna is outside of the cabinet and, if possible, move the antenna closer to the Wi-Fi access point.